5 top bring your own bottle (BYOB) restaurants that offer great food and the convenience so you can enjoy a relaxed and sumptuous meal.
Singaporeans often complain about the high cost of alcohol in the country. While there are many restaurants that have impressive wine selections, it can be expensive to order a bottle or two with your meal. However, there are also restaurants in Singapore that allow you to bring your own alcohol, with no corkage fee. You can either bring a bottle from your own collection or use a wine delivery app like BottlesXO to have top-quality wine delivered to you within 30 minutes.
- Zafferano, 10 Collyer Quay, Ocean Financial Centre Level 43, Singapore 049315. p. +65 6509 1488. Open Mon – Fri 11:30am – 3pm, Mon – Wed 5:30pm – 11:45pm, Thurs – Sat 5:30pm – 1am
Zafferano is an Italian restaurant located on the 43rd floor of the Ocean Financial Centre in Singapore. Every Saturday, the restaurant allows customers to bring their own bottle of wine (but not spirits) without charging a corkage fee. However, this offer is only valid for one bottle per couple and does not apply on special occasions or public holidays. Keep this in mind when planning your visit to Zafferano and enjoy the beautiful views and delicious food while sipping on your favorite wine.
2. Wild Rocket, 10A Upper Wilkie Road, Singapore 228119. p. +65 6339 9448. Open from Tues – Sat 12pm – 3pm, Mon – Sat: 6:30pm – 10:30pm
Chef Willin Low is well-known for his creative and innovative approach to Singaporean cuisine, which he refers to as “Mod Sin” cuisine. His restaurant, Wild Rocket, is located in a beautiful hillside setting and is known for serving unique and memorable meals. Every Wednesday, the restaurant offers free corkage, allowing customers to bring their own bottle of wine to enjoy with their meal. Take advantage of this offer and experience the delicious and innovative dishes at Wild Rocket.
3. Tatsuya, 22 Scotts Road, Goodwood Park Hotel, Singapore 228221. p. +65 6737 7411. Open daily 12pm – 3pm, 6:30pm – 11pm
Tatsuya is a popular sushi restaurant in Singapore, known for its fresh and flavorful sushi, sashimi, and donburi bowls. The chef, Ronnie Chia, has received numerous accolades, including being named the World Gourmet Summit Asian Ethnic Chef of the Year twice. Customers can bring their own wine to enjoy with their meal at Tatsuya, and the restaurant offers free corkage every day of the week. It is highly recommended to try the daily-changing omakase menu at Tatsuya for a unique and delicious dining experience.
4. Wah Lok, 76 Bras Basah Road, Carlton Hotel Singapore Level 2, Singapore 189558. p. +65 6338 8333. Open daily Mon – Sat 11:30am – 2:30pm, 6:30pm – 10:30pm, Sundays & PH 11am – 2:30pm, 6:30 – 10:30pm.
Wah Lok is a highly-regarded Cantonese restaurant in Singapore known for its premium, seasonal ingredients and decadent dim sum dishes. Some standout items on the menu include steamed crab meat and egg white dumplings, chilled foie gras with abalone, and mee pok with Boston lobster and ginger. In addition to serving delicious food, Wah Lok also offers free corkage for up to four bottles of wine, making it an ideal spot for an extravagant dim sum brunch experience.
5. Bedrock Bar and Grill, 96 Somerset Road #01-05, Pan Pacific Serviced Suites Orchard, Singapore 238163. p. +65 6238 0054. Open daily Sundays – Thursday 12noon – 3pm, 6pm – 10:30pm, Friday & Saturday 12noon – 3pm, 6pm – 11pm.
Bedrock Origin is a restaurant located outside of the city that specializes in dry-aged land and sea cuisine. The restaurant dry-ages its own steak and seafood in-house and cooks them using classic techniques to enhance their flavors. Some standout dishes at Bedrock Origin include the Aged Kühlbarra Barramundi Tail, Grilled Whole Turbot, and Kingfish Sashimi. The restaurant also has a variety of prime beef cuts, including the Dry-Aged Australian Barley-Fed Bone-In Striploin and A4 Miyazaki Wagyu (宫崎牛), as well as plant-based options like the Plant-Based Beef Wellington and Grilled Pear Salad. Customers are welcome to bring their own bottle / wine to enjoy with their meal at Bedrock Origin.
Enjoy your wine and food! See you again soon.